Take a stand
Learn what you can do to support the Omaha Bike Community.
Omaha Bikes Advocacy Accomplishments
- Helped Omaha earn a Bronze status from the League of American Bicyclists
- Established Bicycle Friendly Destination Program
- Established “Bike to the Ballpark” for the College World Series
- Joined with other community organizations to negotiate a compromise to the proposed ban on Pedi-cabs at the College World Series
- Assisted with locating new bike rack locations at local businesses
- Provided testimony to the Nebraska Unicameral in support of the proposed (and subsequently passed) 3 Foot Passing Law
- Trained 23 new League Certified Instructors (LCIs) in Omaha that can teach bike safety education in our community
- Attended the League of American Bicyclist (LAB) Bicycle Summit, meeting with Nebraska congressional representatives in Washington DC
- Attended Iowa Bicycle Summit
- Provided active involvement in the City of Omaha’s Bike/Ped Advisory Committee, Transportation Master Plan update stakeholder committee.
- Assisted with the Heartland Active Transportation Summit, 2011 -2013.